Tank size: 60 liter
pH: 7.5
ammonia:0
nitrite:0
nitrate:10
kH:6
gH:
tank temp: 26 Celsius

Fish Symptoms (include full description including lesion, color, location, fish behavior): Swimming on left side, looks like part of his tall was bitten off. Swims up then sinks a little bit, right now hes buy the filter. Lets see, found him a plant this morning just laying there (alive, but not doing anything).

Volume and Frequency of water changes: 25% a week (Sundays)

Chemical Additives or Media in your tank: Been using prime during water changes. Also have the Fluval 2 if it matters.

Tank inhabitants: 6 guppies, 2 swordtails, 6 neon tetras 2 bristle-nose plecos, and 2 tiny tiny snails that came with some new plants we bought....

Recent additions to your tank (living or decoration): 3 Live plants and 6 neon tetras 1 week ago

Exposure to chemicals: none

Digital photo (include if possible):

also i had a couple fish die within the last to weeks....waters been fine during all deaths

Tank inhabitants: 6 guppies, 2 swordtails, 6 neon tetras 2 bristle-nose plecos, and 2 tiny tiny snails that came with some new plants we bought....

[font="Verdana]6 guppies, 9 inches[/font][/color]
[color="#222222"][font="Verdana]2 swordtails, 4 inches[/font][/color]
[color="#222222"][font="Verdana]6 neon tetras, 6 inches[/font][/color]
[color="#222222"][font="Verdana]2 bristle-nose plecos, 5 inches?[/font][/color]
[color="#222222"][font="Verdana]
[/font][/color]
[color="#222222"][font="Verdana]I'd guess that's 24 inches of fish in about 12 gallons of water assuming some space taken by substrate, etc. I'm a fine one to talk, but I think you are rather overstocked which may lead to aggression and guppies are not the fastest swimmers. I recently reduced my stock which was at similar levels and the fish seem much calmer now which I am very pleased about.[/font]

[font="Verdana] [/font]

Tetras can be a bit nippy in small groups, could be the new additions are guilty of nipping the guppies tails

From what i have seen when we first introduced the tetras the guppies were nipping the tetras.... The tetras have been minding there own business from what I have seen.... I know about the overstocking, I did have two filters in there but I just took the other one out (it was a aquaball or something along that line.... Wife thinks that the fish (Nemo) wont make it thru the night.... Dont know what I am going to do if it dies, its my 3 year olds favorite fish and she will cry....

About the overstocking, if we dont have enough fish it looks like a barren wasteland.... We dont like the plecos and have been trying to get rid of them....

DO you think anything else might be wrong with the fish....

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back