Guppy fry sexting

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

BlackLavafishy

Reaction score
Not sure if I guessed the sex og my guppy fry correctly. I was thinking it is a male because I began to see see colors developing but that was several weeks ago and it has not really changed from a silvery. I am guessing now, I may have a girl which sucks bc I will have to remove her to a basic bowl with heat, etc. For some time. It was born Nov. 27th. It does appear to have a gravid spot but I have read and seen males can look to have them sometimes as well . Any help is appreciated. I will try to snap a picture.

Obviously, the smaller guppy on the left. Now that I got a pic I can see that it looks female.

Attachments

• 20180129_174725.jpg
    20180129_174725.jpg
    270.4 KB · Views: 231
I would rather think the smaller one is female and it is too late for separation. It is already pregnant.

There's a male and female in the picture and from the looks of it that female is already pregnant.

I would rather think the smaller one is female and it is too late for separation. It is already pregnant.
Boo! I had hoped that was not the case. She is only two months old. She was the only survivor from her mother who died shortly after she was born. I was hoping to put her in a separate tank of females and Gill with males. Let's just hope she does well...I mean honestly they do not get separated in the wild. Thanks for responding. I was thinking the same when I watched her yesterday.

I also breed guppies and I get some good looking ones all the time.Good enough to were I sell them for a profit.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back