Guppy Flicking

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

DrOizo

Fish Addict
Reaction score
One of my Guppies only flicks in the evening and after she has been fed!! What is going on? :( Water params are fine but she is pregnant. I would next be obliged to think parasites but I've treated with liqusil and none of the other fish show signs of flicking?? Is she just weird? Thanks for the help guys

A lot of my fish twitch and scratch themselves too, with no sign of any kind of sickness. I agree with Gad and think it is just an itch and probably nothing to worry about. :thumbs:

Chris

I agree with mike. I've seen some guppies of mine flicking once in awhile too but i've never encountered ick in my tank and its cycled and water tests are clear. Even one of these once-in-awhile-flickers i've had for over half a year but he's still strong and he's made over 6 batches of healthy fry :D If ammonia, ph, nitrite etc seem ok, dont worry about it

Does anyone know why she flicks after feeding though? It weird, its not like occasional flicking she does it all the tim ein the evening thanks for the help though guys :)

Well may be she has fed her self so much it has made the scales muve slightly and water is now flowing past the skin stpy membrain that is below the scales and causing here to itch.

Also what is the size of the tank?
If your tank is too small they may get a nervous twitch because its like being caged in a place that doesnt add enjoyment.

How any males to females?
This is important as if you have 1 to 1 then you will find that your females are getting shaged to death which is causing stress

how many fish are in the tank?
again if you were sat in a large room on your own then you wouldnt mind but if you were in a large room with 400 people you would soon get a bit peeved off.

Fuzzy look at my sig. At the moment due to an ecological disaster the ratio is one male to one female but here is nothing I can do about this as I am tryin gto get rid of the guppies not get more :( I did have a ration of 1 male to 2 females though. all the fry and parents are going to my LFS and so are 2 Lyre tail mollies.

I reckon Fozzy's got it right. Shes is pregnant aswell so shes probably just really stressed out. As soon as the fry are big enough they, her and her boyfriend are out of their so as to relieve the tank a bit.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back