Guppy bloated belly help!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

ammie1

Reaction score
20170607_103230.jpg
20170607_103230.jpg
Hi i have 7 guppies and 2 clown plecs in a 60litre tank with heater and pump, there is aquarium salt in the tank and every so often to a white spot treatment as advised by aquatic centre. One of the guppies the flame tail was alot larger than the others but has had a very swollen belly for a few weeks now. I reduced food for a week with no change. Water levels have always been fine, i lost a guppy a month or so back that had same signs but his scales were all sticking out and all the fish in the tanks scaled are perfectly fine all the eyes are nice and clear. I did a dose of anti internal bacteria when the fish that dies was showing signs he wasnt right. They are all males do not pregnant can you help im scared its dropsy and i dont want the other fish getting it. Pic attached any help welcome and thanks in advanced.

Attachments

• 20170607_104909.jpg
    20170607_104909.jpg
    496.6 KB · Views: 441
It could be he is bloated. Try feeding some crushed up peas that are out of their shell. Have you noticed any pineconing?

Hi no pineconing and all the fish are bright and colourful, all eyes a nice and shiney, not sticking out or sunken inwards. Ive stopped food and started giving cooked deshelled peas last night which i will do every other day for a week or so. All fish are swimming normal not staying at top or bottom and all feeding fine. I think the fish that died last month had dropsy and he did have pineconing. Shall i do another antibioctic course? I have done a good water change etc. Im worried this one may be developing dropsy and i dnt want to loose any more fish.

Wait and see what happens with the peas. While you wait your water parameters would be nice in case you have a problem with your water and it isn't bloating.

Please provide the following readings.

Ammonia

Nitrite

Nitrate

PH

Hardness

Water temp

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back