Guide For Pond ? I.e. Maintainance, Guides

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

PlumbersMerchant

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Ive been recently reading up on all the cool ponds that the forum members have but wonder if there is a basic guide out there as to how to set up the tank, Maintainance of the tank and other simple but basic 'rules'

A very easy one comes to mind. In summer with such a large avaliability of water, can you paddle in your pond ?

Sorry if this is a stupid question, this is an example of my knowledge of fish ponds

Cheers

This isn't really the best site for pond advice, but;

Dig a hole, line it with 'something', fill it up with water, add a filter of some kind, plants, then fish.

I suppose, in an ideal world, you would do a fishless cycle with ammonia, as you would for a tank, but I don't know of anyone who does :/ I would just fill the pond with plants and start off with a very few fish; like a 'silent cycle'.

I sort of water change, but not on a regular basis; I do have a lot of fast growing floating plants though, to reduce green water and help with nitrate.

As for paddling, well I wouldn't; I've seen the gunk on the bottom! I don't think it would do any harm, as long as your feet are clean, and don't have any creams or lotions on them.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back