Growth On Betta

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Mrcoxy83

Reaction score
Hi Guys and girls i have a poorly Female betta, She has a growth in what look to be her nasal passage by her eye, it has slowly been growing and i thought it would just come to a head and pop but it has not, it has recently turned white which has made me worried, any cures or how to help the betta would be most helpful!

Hi Guys and girls i have a poorly Female betta, She has a growth in what look to be her nasal passage by her eye, it has slowly been growing and i thought it would just come to a head and pop but it has not, it has recently turned white which has made me worried, any cures or how to help the betta would be most helpful!
Is the growth raised? Does it have a cotton like appearance?
Whats your tank size and your tank stats such as ammonia,ph,nitrite and nitrate?

a picture. even a poor one might really help. do a nice big waterchange.
and yes, post tank stats and describe the lump the best you can...color, appearance, etc.
all the best.

It has burst now, it was rather large and white! there is an open wound now! I shall do a water change!

yup...good call on the waterchange...make sure the water stays clean and hopefully she will heal up fine. one disease fish can get is sort of like herpes. little round "bubbles" (for lack of a better description) can form then burst. they might come back. and when they burst, it can be passed on to similar fish (of the same genus generally)...it is not necessarily life threatening (as herpes isnt in people, just looks nasty). and there isnt a medication to help it as its cause is viral (antibiotics do nothing to viral pathogens)...so just keep clean water and hope everyone recovers.
all the best!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back