Group Of Fish For A 14 X 9 X 9

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

cursedblad3

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I'm looking for something not too nippy that can join my betta in my 14 x 9 x 9 5G/20L tank. Any suggestions?

20l is too small to add anything else in all honesty. Make it into a nice planted tank with a couple of ornaments/rock etc. and you'll find that the tank looks great without the addition of any other fish. ;)

Ottos are best kept in groups of 5 and I think the tank may be a little small to house so many.
Apple snail sounds like a good idea though!

a group of 5-10 bumblebee gobies. :good:

I don't know much about bumblebee gobies but I think a 20 litre is too small for them.?.? - especially that big of a group. Also, I think I remember reading they can be territorial, but I might be wrong about that. Plus, don't they thrive in brackish water? And, wouldn't they nip at the betta's tail?

I don't know much about bumblebee gobies but I think a 20 litre is too small for them.?.? - especially that big of a group. Also, I think I remember reading they can be territorial, but I might be wrong about that. Plus, don't they thrive in brackish water? And, wouldn't they nip at the betta's tail?

I few people say upto 10 in a 5gal, i wouldnt, but a few do.

they do just as well in freshwater, and mine have never nipped my bettas tail. :good:

I few people say upto 10 in a 5gal, i wouldnt, but a few do.

they do just as well in freshwater, and mine have never nipped my bettas tail. :good:

Cool. Thank's for the clarification. :good:

You could add 2 or 3 Amano shrimp. I kept a group of 5 in my 7 Gal tank when it homed my Betta.

They are great to watch and eat algae which is a bonus!

<a href="http://www.aquarticles.com/articles/breedi...bee_Gobies.html" target="_blank">http://www.aquarticles.com/articles/breedi...bee_Gobies.html</a>

The Eighth Thing
Gobies kept in community tanks will tend to fin nip, even if unprovoked. Their hunting instinct is to take a snap at anything that floats by, and as long as even a piece of it will fit in the goby's mouth, it is going to have a try. Keeping these fish in with bettas is out of the question.

I picked up some amano shrimp today :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back