FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

FurFinFeathers

Reaction score
My peppered corydora recently lost his best buddy 
rip.gif
 It seems like he's grieving, they were very very close. He won't eat much and generally stays to one corner, but he seems very healthy. I plan to get another cory to keep him company, but is there anything else I can do to make him feel better?

Sorry for your's and his loss :rip:

It is kind of interesting how fish actually grieve for their friends, and get lonely! And some people say fish don't have feelings... :| 

Cories are very social fish, and they like to be in groups of 6+, so if you have the space I suggest getting him 5 new friends! Other than that just keep an eye on him, make sure his tank is clean, etc.

Okay, thank you for the recommendation! Unfortunately at the moment I don't have room for more than one other cory, but I plan on someday getting a bigger tank for that. You're right, too, it is very interesting on how they show their emotions. I go on to a full on rant whenever someone starts with fish being 'boring' pets with 'no feelings'. It makes me so mad. I can clearly see all my little swimmers' personalities, but I guess others just can't see that.

Agreed 5+ would be best if you have the room.

You're welcome!! Definitely get that bigger tank as soon as you can, your fishies will appreciate it :D

I hate when people say that! Or when they really don't care when their fish die like "Oh my gosh my fish finally died! I had that thing for 3 years!"...

Their personalities is what keep me in the hobby :)

Same here :) If it weren't for my friendly goldfish when I was 8 I don't think I ever would've gotten fish in the first place!

idk how i stayed in the hobby TBH, i started with 2 oscars and 2 turtles when i was 4, then a 29 gallon biocube saltwater tank when i was 9 all the way up to when i was 12 on and off. Kept ruining it, then i went to a 75 gallon freshwater, then a 10 gallon, then added a 55 gallon planted, now im getting a 300 gallon at 14, it was a pretty good year for me haha.

Haha sounds like a great year! Lucky you, my parents won't let me have more than my 10, 55, and 65 gallons, and my 65 gallon isn't setup yet because of a crack :( If I figure out how to do an electricity free tank I can have as many as I want though :D

Sorry FFF for hijacking your thread! :p

It's no grieve, but sheer lonelyness. Buy her / him a tankmate as soon as possible and lots more if possible. 
You'll be amazed when you'll have a big peppered-herd !!! I've got 9 of these nice Cories. Waiting in front to be fed every day hahahaha.
BTW : They are cool(er) water Cories and even can be kept in ponds during the summer.
Do regular waterchanges : keep waterconditions good !!! 

They're sooooo nice.

Thanks for all the help guys! I definitely appreciate it. (BTW I dont mind you guys hacking my post, haha :) its totally cool)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back