Green Terror With Stunted Growth Or Muscular Atrophy?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

cichlid_maniac

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

This is my first post. 

I came across this poor little green terror at the lfs just yesterday. I took pity on him and decided to bring him home in hopes of giving him the best life possible. The store said that he is suffering from muscular atrophy because he was housed in a 10 gallon aquarium for the first year of his life. He is currently between 3 and 3.5 inches in length. He eats like a champ and doesn't appear to have any difficulty swimming, in fact he is as graceful as any healthy fish I've kept. His fins are a little chewed up so I'm not actually certain it is a he.

He actually reminds me of a bobble head a little bit because his head appears to be oversized in comparison to his body. 
I have decided to post this because I am looking for suggestions on how to improve his health, coloration and overall appearance.  I would also like to know if anyone has seen a terror in this state before.
If anyone has a picture of a similar sized fish to share for comparison that would be appreciated. 

I'm wondering if perhaps he's just stunted or suffering from very poor care?

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Sorry I attached a photo to the original post but for some reason it didn't appear on the posr so heres a second attempt.

Attachments

• 20131017_173704_resized_1.jpg
    20131017_173704_resized_1.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 321

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back