The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Zikofski

Chatroom Moderator
Chatroom Moderator
Reaction score
i have decided to name this tank and project Green Phantom

okay so i know its been a while, and for those who have been following my Cabinet project, thank you for my patience but i now have the tank set up and ready 
yahoo.gif

yahoo.gif
  i am taking it slow, trying to get everything right first time this will be planted before i get fish so i won't be doing a fish less cycle as such as it will be a few weeks to a month before i get fish i want to concentrate on plants first. now i have the tank setup and my general scape done with rocks and wood so far i am happy with it. so i shall stop chatting and get on with the pictures.

firstly the tank 88L of Joy filter and co2 all hocked up i just need to get some timers for the lights and solenoid.

so what i do first, i filled it slightly only about 1cm worth of water and then i added my substrate, honestly i didn't clean it before hand i am going to do that in the tank it self as i don't really have anything to clean it with as yet

now i am not sure if this is going to be enough sand i hope so, its not particular deep but i shall see how i go with planting but it is 14kg of Seachem Flourite Black Sand lovely looking substrate dirty but looks lovely

so filling the tank i used my garden hose attached to my kitchen tap, i have no outdoor water outlet
sad.png
, and yes this sand is very very dirty

once i emptied the tank a couple of times and messed around with the sand a little i got to a point where i could actually see things i did do a video to show how the flow around the tank was, the dirty water was actually very helpful for this part as i could see if there was any dead spots and to see the direction and strength of the flow i will try to upload this video in a couple of days.

now i bought 10kg worth of rock from AE, was largely disappointed with them tbh, way to big kinda gave me 3 large pieces instead of 10 smaller pieces that i was hopping for but i got my trusty hammer out and broke them up into a few smaller pieces but i kept some big and some small i think they look alright now i got my wood from a local LFS a private one not to keen on the shop it self fish stock low no plants and didn't look like a good shop tbh but there wood was good in my eyes so i nabbed a few pieces i tried to use some paper before my tank arrived to kinda give me an idea what i was going to do but i didn't work very well but you get the idea of it

thats it for now, il see how the water settles in the morning and i need to get some bromo blue solution from somewhere so i know get the co2 sorted before i add plants so i may get the plants from AE next week but the plants i shall get well i won't know as i will be buying this
http://www.aquaessentials.co.uk/mixed-box-10-pots-for-a-70l-tank-p-5095.html

thnx for reading and il keep you updated

Looks great so far, even with the cloudiness! Can't wait to see how this turns out :)

Nice, i just know this is going to turn out awesome!

Can't wait to see this as it turns out!

There is finally water in it :) can't wait to see how it turns out.

This is going to be awesome. I already envy this tank. I have the same substrate. I believe they discontinued the Black sand here. The new version has a new bad design which allows you to rinse the sand before removing. But man they are costly!

thank you all so much :) i hope its going to be as good as you make ot sound, well an updatemy bromo blue arrived yesterday, and i got my co2 up n running leaving it on for 24h with lights of to get co2 up stable and algae free ready for the plants that i sha buy on monday, tank has cleared up a little more since my last pic so il get a pic of it tonight along with a pic of my drop checker to confirm its lime green so watch this space next week tursday/wednesday for plants :D

Looks good mate. Can't wait to see the finished product

Nice to see the cabinet you worked on finally getting used!  Are you out in Oz right now?

thank you, and no i am back here in the uk
biggrin.png
okay so here is the tank at the moment

and here is the drop checker does everyone think this is lime green enough? i did get it more greener but i think it was teetering on yellow so i toned it down a little

and this is the flow within the tank sorry this is an old video so is still cloudy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJXxh7S4uCE

As long as you have no livestock, go full yellow! :)

no no my plan is to have livestock eventually :p haha after a month 

Yes of course but until then full CO2 will help your plants to settle in - you can always decrease teh CO2 once they have settled in :)

I like it Zik! :)
Darn though, I can imagine cleaning the sand from the inside was a nightmare.
Can't wait to see it planted up. :good:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back