Green Phantom Pleco

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Bex

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I have just bought a Green Phantom Pleco. Can't find much info about them but he is totally awesome! :hyper:

Not cheap mind - £42!!!

Been advised he will only get to about 8" max. He is bright green with white spots and tall fin. Can't post a pic as camera is broken.

ANy info would be great or any other pics to share.

Nice one KathyM - been hunting for info. ALso seen the next tank we are gonna get - a 330l! :hyper:

Just couldn't resist him! He is sooooo amazing! Found a very good LFLS with very knowledgable people. Feel very safe taking their advice.

Been on PFS but they have no info! They are asking for info! HE is already the pride of my tank and can't wait to bigger one so he can grow to his potential! :wub:

I'm so so jealous :-( :lol: My LFS refuses to order in L numbers, so I can only buy online and pay huge amounts for delivery on top. Trimar's probably my best bet, but their HORRIBLE site crashes my IE every time I try and load it, I should email them and whinge *lmao*.

That's a shame! :( Just found out our LFS can get quite a few rare ones -there were a couple of Blue Phantoms as well.

If you have any Wyevale Garden Centres near you they might be able to get you one? Haven't liked most garden centre places but this one really seems very good. They seem to know their stuff.

As soon as I can get a picture I'll post him so you can see how awesome he is! :D

They are lovely plecos - but far too shy for their beauty :/ How big is yours ?
Wholesale Tropicals had some stunning 4" ones a few weeks ago for £30 (which I think is a bargain) - but I don't currently have the space :-(

Post a piccie when you can :good:

I'm so so jealous :-( :lol: My LFS refuses to order in L numbers, so I can only buy online and pay huge amounts for delivery on top. Trimar's probably my best bet, but their HORRIBLE site crashes my IE every time I try and load it, I should email them and whinge *lmao*.

try tingley tropicals on the A650, they normally have some lovely L numbers, also Pets at home on York Rd in Leeds had phantoms the other week and I got a royal from there :D

Thanks you lot. I've got over my baby paddy now *lol*. I've had some advice on PF and it looks like we could add an L200 (Green Phantom), L128 (Blue Phantom) or L81 (Gold Nugget) to our setup once we have filtration sorted (2 good powered internals at the mo but we're going external soon).

Bloo - Trimar have Green Phantoms for £22. It doesn't say how big they are but I think that's a blimmin' bargain too :D

Louie is about 5" so I guess that's why he was quite expensive but he's got really great markings!

He wasn't all that shy yesterday. Was swimming around loads and seems to like my moss balls. He looks great when he's on one so when our camera's working I'll trya nd get him on one.

He's hiding at the moment but I'm gonna try and coax him out with some cucumber later.

Yeah he's great. He was actually reduced at the LFS - the Blue Phantom and I think there was a royal as well are selling for £60!!! Poor little guy had been packaged in with some nasty fin nippers so his tail and dorsal are a little on the scraggy side (definitely not fin rot as he's been at the LFS for a few months and I did ask about it. I've seen fin rot as well looks totally different) Poor Louie is a little battle scarred!

I know, £42 is still expensive for a less than perfect fish but I had Veronica from Charlie & the Chocolate Factory syndrome, you know "I want it NOW!" Couldn't resist him. :blush:

LFS has assured me they aren't buying from the place anymore. Can't remember what fish he was packaged with but they weren't community fish. Poor Louie was the last one they had and he looked lonely!

Most plecs seem to be "less shy" for the first week or so. Once they've really checked out the tank and know who's who in tank and find a nice home / cave, you'll rarely see it. So enjoy while you can :good:

My camera is broken so I can't get any pics yet! :no:

(My hubby is a tv aerial man and thought he'd take a pic of a nice view - then dropped it off a 3 storey building! Doh!)

Desperate to get pics of him and shouldn't be too hard as he's quite lively. Got a really cool cave for him - half a cocnut shell covered in Java Moss - really natural - but he seems to prefer hanging on the Moss balls.

My hubby is supposed to be getting a new ohone today so might be able to get a snap of him on that if it's any good.

Watch this space - King Louie is coming! LMAO! :lol:

The Royal was a big boy - about 6 1/2 " but gorgeous!!!! Think the price is scaring people off! If I had a credit card I'd spent a lot of money yesterday! lol

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back