Green algue

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

diana1

Reaction score
Hi

Why I have green algues on the window of my aquarium?
What I have to do?

Some algae is normal in fish tanks; you clean it off with either a special algae scraper or magnet from your fish shop, or with a clean, new dish washing sponge that's been well rinsed; make sure it's not one of the expensive ones with soap in it!

If you're getting a lot of algae, then it's usually too much light; how long do you have your lights on for, and does your tank get sunlight on it at all?

Some algae is normal in fish tanks; you clean it off with either a special algae scraper or magnet from your fish shop, or with a clean, new dish washing sponge that's been well rinsed; make sure it's not one of the expensive ones with soap in it!

If you're getting a lot of algae, then it's usually too much light; how long do you have your lights on for, and does your tank get sunlight on it at all?

Yes I have the light between 8-10 hours and a little light came from outside also

Usually, the practice is not to keep the tank in view of windows or doors to the outside as it just makes the algae build up. You could get some algae eaters but they won't keep up.

GSA?
Usually needs to be hit with a good H202 spray solution, or can be manually removed. Idk of any algae eaters besides amanos (if they are desperate) that will eat this

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back