Gravel Vacuum

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

WookiellMonster

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
OK so i bought a gravel vacuum and the directions r not helpin very well and it wont suck up anything can sum1 help? ive been tryin for like an hour...

you just suck on the one end to get water flowing and then stick the sucking end in the gravel adn keeping go into the gravel and sucking untill your whole tank is clean.

HTH

Well it all depends on which kind you are using, there is a gravity operated one, an electri operated one, an air operated one and a python which uses water pressure.

For a gravity powered gravel vacum the tank needs to be higher then the container you are putting the dirty water into, like the tank is up on the counter, while the bucket is on the floor. To start the vacum, simply submerge the whole vacum, including the tubing in the tank and get all of the air out of the line. Once this is done put your finger over the end of the tubing but that end in a bucket and take your finger off.

For an electric one, you just have to make sure the pump is low enough in the water.

Unfortunatly ive never used an air operated or a python vacumm, but i hope that helps

wow quick response ok im gonna go try again. lol my shoulder hurts from tryin to get it to start :X

hehe thanx its works now :D suckin out of the vacuum hose really speeds up the process. they should really change those instructions...

You don't even need to suck. Like stated, ensure the container you are emptying into is lower than the tank. Fill the vacuum part up with water and lift up so the water starts flowing through the tube. BEFORE the vacuum part is empty of water seal the end of the hose with your thumb. Refill the vacuum pump and take your thumb off the end. Do this until all of the air is out of the hose and you have water flowing through the tube then submerge the vacuum part and start sucking up ####!

pseud said:
You don't even need to suck. Like stated, ensure the container you are emptying into is lower than the tank. Fill the vacuum part up with water and lift up so the water starts flowing through the tube. BEFORE the vacuum part is empty of water seal the end of the hose with your thumb. Refill the vacuum pump and take your thumb off the end. Do this until all of the air is out of the hose and you have water flowing through the tube then submerge the vacuum part and start sucking up ####!
you don't even need to do that.

Simply put on end in the bucket.
one end in the tank
bounced the vacum end up and down and it'll start itself.

Sky042 said:
pseud said:
you don't even need to do that.

one end in the tank
agreed........

but mine dont seem to suck the gravel up......but does suck the water past the gravel.....

Sky042 said:
one end in the tank
:blink: that creates a tidal wave effect in my tank !
I stick to the trusted sucking method :p

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back