Gravel from established tank

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Ha28

Reaction score
today I just got a pound of use old gravel from a cycled and healthy tank . I put in my aquarium to help the cycle . ( at least t the person who gave it to me told me ).
What you think?

It will work?

Hi Ha28:

It might. Beneficial bacteria do colonize the substrate material, so you're putting quite a few of them into your new tank. Do you have a source of ammonia for the tank?

It works, especially gravel off a ugf.

Source of ammonia. Well with my aquarium ignorance i put tetra safe start and fish to my aquarium a fee weeks ago. Doing a lot of water changes to keep my fish alive . Now i hope everything goes well

I hope so too. What are your water parameters currently?

Source of ammonia. Well with my aquarium ignorance i put tetra safe start and fish to my aquarium a fee weeks ago. Doing a lot of water changes to keep my fish alive . Now i hope everything goes well

Have you tested for ammonia and nitrite? Provided the fish were not too much of a load in the water volume, and with the seed gravel, and with the SafeStart, you should be fine without frequent water changes. But I would do tests for ammonia and nitrite before discontinuing wc's just in case.

Byron.

Ive been doing test everyday 2 times a day to make sure nothing spikes up. Right now i cant lower from .25 pmm ammonia . Everything else 0 ppm.

Now that i have the gravel i hope to see some changes

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back