Gourami With Angelfish?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

twodoctors

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Been looking on the net and getting conflicting information.

Since I bought some honey gouramis for my smaller tank I like the idea of keeping gouramis again. I am planning to complete the big tank soon and am considering various options. I am keen on 1 angelfish, and maybe adding a pair of (3-spot) gourami as well. It has to live with the firemouth and 6 boesemani rainbowfishes. Do you think it will work?

Adrian

I have kept angels and dwarf gourami's before with no issues but can't help you with the bigger gourami though.

I have kept angels and dwarf gourami's before with no issues but can't help you with the bigger gourami though.

I have two adult Angels which bullied my adult female Golden gourami, i took her back to the shop to find a new home.
You cant always know for sure, sometimes its trial and error!

I've had Banded, Honeys and many other small gouramis and they were fine with Angels. With Moonlight, 3-Spot, Kissing Gourami...they weren't. The large gouramis would constantly harrass the Angelfish pair (bear in mind this was a 300L tank).

Simpl'z ;)

I've got two angle fish and a dwarf gourami (he came from my old tank i've just closed down)

Ever since adding him to the tank with the two angles he's always hiding under the filter out the way, only see him when I feed the fish.

So I'll be taking mine to the aquatics so he can have a new home. I've never seen the angles bully him, but he just looks so scared all the time :(

Iv got 6 angelfish and 2 pearl gouramis and they all get on fine. No issues what so ever. Got no experience with 3 spot gouramis tho.

my fully grown angel didnt like my new additions of gourami, so had to relocate the angel to a different tank till he moves to a new home (for sale section ;) )

I have 1 angel fish and a Blue gourami and no problems that I have seen. The gourami is shy. Does come out a bit, if I move he will go and hide by the filter.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back