Gourami Help!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

hkmaxi93

Reaction score
Hi.

I have a newly set up tank - RIO 125L JUWEL. I have had it doing a fishless cycle for 3 weeks, adding purebomb aquarium balls on two occasions. Today I added fish at 4pm (10pm now) - 2 pearl gouramis, 2 pink kissers and 2 blue male dwarf gouramis. The fish were transported all of 2 minutes from the fish shop, placed in the tank for 30 mins before being let out etc. They all ate this evening...

4 fish are fine, swimming about etc.

1 male dwarf is swimming occassionally but spending most of his time at mid level sat by a plant.

The other is sat at the bottom in a plant, hardly moving.

I imagine he is stressed etc. but is there any hope he'll make it through the night?

Additional info: the nitrite level was at 0mg when fish were added - fish has now come out of his hidey hole and had a bit of a swim

Are they all males? Male gouramis have a habit of being jerks to one another.

It could just be settling in still. Have you seen the other gouramis going near it?

I would return the kissers ASAP as they are not suited for this tank size at all. HERE is more info on them.

Pictures of the fish would be helpful. Though you probably have two male dwarfs, as females tend to be grey and bland in color most fish stores wont have any available.

Hi guys - an update: all fish are fine and swimming about. When they first went in the kissers bumped into one of the dwarfs so I think you're right - just settling in. I'm aware the kissers can grow pretty big, but (probably very irresponsible), I am quite happy to rehome them if they become too big. At the moment they are all rather small but we'll see what happens (fish guys pink kissers are 5 years old and one is about 4 inches long, the other 8. Thank you for the help guys - my other much smaller tank kept having problems after cycling with fish just dying with no explanation coming up in the tests so I was a bit worried.

Who said you were exempt from taking pictures of your fish? ;)

Most reactions

trending

Back