What's new

Good Light Fixtures For A 75 Gallon Planted Aquarium?

Pet of the Month Starts Now!
FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 Click here to enter! 🐰

Waterfins

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
I plan to start a 75 gallon planted aquarium, does anyone know a good brand of aquarium lights to use for it?

Also does anyone know any hardy plants that can sustain a bit of wear and tear from a large fish?
tongue2.gif

It will help members if you can be more specific.  What fish species, and what type of planted aquarium do you intend?

Byron said:
It will help members if you can be more specific.  What fish species, and what type of planted aquarium do you intend?
A green terror cichlid and I'm not sure, I've never really done a planted aquarium to be honest. Though I have heard that cichlids are a bit rough with plants.

Cichlids vary on many fronts depending upon species, and the Green Terror, Andinoacara rivulatus, is notorious for digging so I would suggest a planted tank is not feasible.  Floating plants are OK, and would provide shade which the fish would appreciate.  A sandy substrate with chunks of wood and branches would be natural.

Byron said:
Cichlids vary on many fronts depending upon species, and the Green Terror, Andinoacara rivulatus, is notorious for digging so I would suggest a planted tank is not feasible.  Floating plants are OK, and would provide shade which the fish would appreciate.  A sandy substrate with chunks of wood and branches would be natural.
Is there any specific kinds of floating plants you'd recommend? 

Substantial plants would be better.  Have a look at Water Lettuce and Frogbit.  Water Sprite might be too delicate, but maybe not.  Even if it does get nibbled on, it reproduces very rapidly.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back