Goldfish sitting on bottom

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

jimbo_natale4

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
One of my goldfish in my 80 gallon has been resting under a rock for quite some time. He is still alive, fins aren't clamped and he's very vibrant. His tank mates ( also goldfish) are pretty active but sometimes go down with him and chill in the one corner for hours at a time. Since it is winter here, and they are in my cooler basement, could temperature be the culprit in this behavior? What are yalls thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As long as his appearance is the same, he eats, and the water parameters are good, I would assume that you're correct about the temperature. They're less active in winter.

One of my goldfish in my 80 gallon has been resting under a rock for quite some time. He is still alive, fins aren't clamped and he's very vibrant. His tank mates ( also goldfish) are pretty active but sometimes go down with him and chill in the one corner for hours at a time. Since it is winter here, and they are in my cooler basement, could temperature be the culprit in this behavior? What are yalls thoughts?

He's eating a little less, The other goldfish grab the food before he does has a chance to grab it... but other than that he looks healthy and he isn't clamping his fins.

He's eating a little less, The other goldfish grab the food before he does has a chance to grab it... but other than that he looks healthy and he isn't clamping his fins.

Try to make sure he gets the same amount of food, even if it means bringing it down to him. How active are the other goldfish? What are the water parameters at?

Try to make sure he gets the same amount of food, even if it means bringing it down to him. How active are the other goldfish? What are the water parameters at?

The parameters are pretty good, nitrate is higher as usual around 23. But the other goldfish are somewhat active and are usually swimming about while he hangs out.

The parameters are pretty good, nitrate is higher as usual around 23. But the other goldfish are somewhat active and are usually swimming about while he hangs out.

If he is less active that's a concern. Make sure to keep doing your water changes, and keep those parameters under control. What test kit do you use? How often and how large are your water changes? Have you been making sure he's getting the same amount of food as the others?

Most reactions

trending

Back