goldfish dead

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

debiasir

fancy goldfish rule!!!
Reaction score
just got back from a week abroad and my dad did a very good job of feeding all my fish and cleaning the tanks. unfortunatly one of my goldfish was taken ill with an internall parasite. my dad checked my meds and though it was ick so treated the tank but the goldy died yesterday. (my dad did the best he could not knowing much about fish) i am gutted as my two goldies are my fav fish. :( :byebye:

my question is i now have a tank with one fancy tailed goldy and 10 WCMM will the goldy need a mate or will he be fine on heis own with the WCMM

cheers. silly question i know :p

I would leave him on his own.

Often when aditional goldfish are added the old one will pick on the new one, especially if there different sizes.

When the goldfish gets bigger you have to watch out for them eating WCMM.

If you wanted to add another fish then you would need somewhere to quarantine it for at least a month or it would bring in a disease and wipe out the fish you already have.
There is still the risk that whatever killed your other goldie may still be lurking, keep the water clean and watch for any sign of illness.
How big is the tank? Your goldie will be fine on its own.

the tanks a 20gal uk

i did a huge water change today and will be keeping an eye on things over the next few days

decided against a new fish.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back