Golden Wonder Killifish Fry Question

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Mollybygolly

Reaction score
Hello all. We currently have an unknown Fry in our nursery tank.

We used to have a floating plant in our 75 gallon tank. I saw that there was a Molly fry that was living in the plant, so put a net breeder down around the whole plant. The Molly fry was big enough to really see well, so I was shocked 2 weeks later when I saw a bunch more fry that were so small they were barely noticeable unless you were looking very closely at them. We transferred the whole plant into a nursery tank, with the Molly fry and the unknowns. Now it's been over a month since we transferred them all. The Molly is growing really well. There's one unknown left. It's thriving, but it's still very very small.

To make a long question shorter, what is the growth rate like on the Golden Wonder Killifish fry? The fry is getting a bit larger, and the tail is shaped similarly to the Killifish. It's also a longer fish. The only other longer fish we have in the big tank are a common pleco and a glass cat. I highly doubt it's either of those.

I've looked all over the internet and can find a lot of info where people talk about how they breed the Golden Wonders. And how to collect eggs. But nothing on how these fish grow.

A new born molly fry has about 3 week’s head start compared with a golden wonder fry.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back