Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Golden Wonder Killifish Fry Question

Discussion in 'Killifish' started by Mollybygolly, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Mollybygolly

Mollybygolly New Member

Hello all. We currently have an unknown Fry in our nursery tank.

We used to have a floating plant in our 75 gallon tank. I saw that there was a Molly fry that was living in the plant, so put a net breeder down around the whole plant. The Molly fry was big enough to really see well, so I was shocked 2 weeks later when I saw a bunch more fry that were so small they were barely noticeable unless you were looking very closely at them. We transferred the whole plant into a nursery tank, with the Molly fry and the unknowns. Now it's been over a month since we transferred them all. The Molly is growing really well. There's one unknown left. It's thriving, but it's still very very small.

To make a long question shorter, what is the growth rate like on the Golden Wonder Killifish fry? The fry is getting a bit larger, and the tail is shaped similarly to the Killifish. It's also a longer fish. The only other longer fish we have in the big tank are a common pleco and a glass cat. I highly doubt it's either of those.

I've looked all over the internet and can find a lot of info where people talk about how they breed the Golden Wonders. And how to collect eggs. But nothing on how these fish grow.

2. fish48

fish48 Member

A new born molly fry has about 3 week’s head start compared with a golden wonder fry.