Golden algae eater with guppies

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

JaygoExotics

Reaction score
hello fish lovers Iā€™m not exactly new to fish keeping but just want opinions on keeping a golden algae eater with breeding guppies I know they get terrotorial but heā€™s only small about 2inches I also have a few guppy fry

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    566.1 KB · Views: 261
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    569.3 KB · Views: 218
Hi and welcome to the forum :)

The gold algae eater will be fine for a while, but when it gets bigger it might need a new home with bigger fish that can deal with it.

On a side note, your tank looks really cloudy. How long has it been set up for and is the filter working properly?
Have you checked the water quality for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate & pH?
Maybe do a 75% water change and gravel clean the substrate each day for a week and see if it clears.
Make sure any new water is free of chlorine/chloramine before it is added. :)

Thank you so much for your reply will do waiting to get a 50 gallon on Saturday that I will move him into along with a few new addition Iā€™m undecided on also I believe itā€™s cloudy as I put new gravel in without rinsing well I done a water test everything seems good so just waiting for the filter to do itā€™s job other than that Iā€™ll take your advice on removing him full stop

Gotcha on the gravel. I wasn't sure if the filter was struggling to deal with excess food and you had an ammonia issue but if it's just dirty gravel, it will be a matter of wait for the filter to do its job. :)

There's no rush to move your algae, you have 6-12 months before it grows big enough to be an issue. :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back