Gold spotted plec losing colour in patches?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

tgwthf

Reaction score
ok so i've had a betta fish for a while now so i'm pretty sure the tank is fully cycled, amonia is at 0.0 on the test kit i have same with nitrites, PH is 7 to 7.5 its in between in colour scale,

but my problem is that i recently bought a gold spotted plec to put in there with him since i've bought a bigger tank and i'm waiting for that to cycle i bought the plec because he was the last one at the store and i really liked him, anyway, he's been losing his colour somewhat in patches along his back? i'm not 100% certain on what it is or could be... can anyone take a look at the picture and let me know? hard to get a good picture of him cos he likes to hide when the light is on,

tBg3h1M.jpg

K12LOzZ.jpg

its on both sides of him? could it just be his patterning? or should I be worried?

Normal coloration of a fish that is trying to hide and that is a marbled sailfin not a spotted.

seriously? I was sold him as a gold spotted plec... damnit.... but i'm glad he's fine, i was worried he had some kind of skin condition cos it looked strange, thank you

as has been said totally normal alot of mine do it then some days there back normal colour depends were they are in the tank

as has been said totally normal alot of mine do it then some days there back normal colour depends were they are in the tank

thanks, i was really worried for a moment because it didn't look very healthy.

its a shame really some of mine look horrible when like it especially the black plecos they go a horrid gray.

How big is your tank? Sailfins get over a foot long and produce a lot of waste,making them only suitable for giant aquariums and powerful filtration systems.

I would get on to your fish store about that... deliberate or not, they sold you a product that wasn't as described

How big is your tank? Sailfins get over a foot long and produce a lot of waste,making them only suitable for giant aquariums and powerful filtration systems.

hey sorry for late reply, but he's in a 15 gallon tank with my betta fish that i've had for a while at the moment while i wait for the larger tank to cycle, the bigger tank is 4ft long by 18 inches wide and 18 inches tall, with a large aqua one aquis 1200 canister filter, he'll be going in that as soon as its finished

I would get on to your fish store about that... deliberate or not, they sold you a product that wasn't as described

yeah i'll probably bring it up with them when i go down there next time, either way i love the lil guy he's so cute haha

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back