Gold Gourami Mating Questions

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

SabertoothChris

Reaction score
I just recently got 3 Gold Gouramis one male and 2 females. I want them to breed but am having trouble figuring out whether they just want to chase each other around or be friendly and lead up to mating. I am majoring in Marine Biology but i still have a lot to learn. i guess what i am asking is whether my male gold gourami chasing my 2 female gouramis is normal.

hip its normal just provide a lot of Hiding places for the females

thanks so like what exactly should i look for when they are fixing to mate or how long until they perhaps atempt to

The best thing you can do to entise breeding behaviour, is to have some floating plants at the top of the tank - make sure the surface isn't disturbed too much, and feed them on fresh wriggling bloodworms.

When the male is ready to breed, he will claim a corner of the tank and begin to build a bubble nest. Once complete, he will chase the female and try to entise her his corner to breed.

Normally the nest takes anywhere between 24 and 72 hours to complete, so good luck in your ventures :)

would putting them in this 2.5 gallon tank i have maybe encourage them to mate as long as i add plants

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back