Gold Gourami Has A Pot Belly

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

dguysk01

Reaction score
I have a 55 gallon tank set up with a few live plants, lots of fake plants and some rock work. I have 8 gouramis, all of different species and they all get along terrifically with each other and the other fish like barbs and glofish and the clown loaches. My question is about my gold gourami, who has the most colorful personality Of anyone in the tank. His (i believe it's a male) belly is quite fat. He acts fine, and even eats right from my hand and lets me pet him, but it's belly wasn't like that when i got it. I will post a picture soon, but maybe pot belly could be normal?

Try feeding him some peas lay off of live/flake foods for a few days. Try and get a pic of the fins too, is the dorsal fin pointy and long or short and round?

Both my male dwarf gourami have pot bellies as well! I can only assume this is OK and normal as both behave no different to when I first got them. I have found that they eat a considerable amount of food and appear to be ravenous each and every time I feed them. They even make a dash for the cory pellets, greedy buggers!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back