Going Away for a Few Days

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

Kraabi

Reaction score
Iā€™m leaving for a few days. Leaving Tuesday and coming back Sunday. I have a ten gallon tank with 3 platies and then a 3 gallon tank for a Betta Fish. Will they be okay without food those few days or should I get those food blocks for them? I just want to make sure they are okay when I get back!

They will be fine for a week without food. Just feed them normally before you go and when you come back they will be swimming around waiting for a meal.

If the tank is established and you want to, you can feed them a few more times each day for a week (or however many days) before you go, and they will gain a bit of weight and that will give them more fat reserves to live off. You should do a water change and gravel clean each day if you do feed more, to help keep the water clean.

Agree with Colin, plus do a good partial water change the day before you leave.

Food blocks are never a good idea; auto feeders some people suggest, but they have been known to malfunction and pollute the water, even killing fish.

Iā€™m leaving for a few days. Leaving Tuesday and coming back Sunday. I have a ten gallon tank with 3 platies and then a 3 gallon tank for a Betta Fish. Will they be okay without food those few days or should I get those food blocks for them? I just want to make sure they are okay when I get back!
I camp for 3 days at a time and always leave my Betta Sid on his own he does really good and is happy when I get back and feed him I usually start him out with a small meal so I don't upset his stomach but all is good they can go a week without food and be fine

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back