What's new

Glowlight Tetras Spawning!

Pet of the Month Starts Now!
FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 Click here to enter! 🐰

Betta_Shark5678

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I just looked into my 55 gallon tank, and I have a male Glowlight chasing the biggest female.  I was really confused, so I googled it, and found a video.  They're definitely spawning! 
59.gif
I'm not sure what to do though, because I don't have a place to raise the fry except a 3.5 gallon tank... Now all my tetras are chasing each, and most of the females have done the flipping upside-down thing they do to release eggs! pH is around 6, DH, and KH are unknown.  Temperature is 78.  

I'm so excited 
biggrin.png

Without another tank I wouldn't know what to suggest! But that is awesome! I have never gotten any of my tetras to breed before.

Good luck!

I would try to get another tank or you will possibly have to split your tank to allow the babies to have space to grow and not get eaten. The other option is to do a survival of the fittest and say that the ones that survive carry on and live and the ones the get eaten are gone this time (however, this would be a bit of a shame as its quite hard to get the tetras to spawn)
These really are the only options but well done for getting to spawn.
Good Luck!

Is it really that hard to get them to spawn? :O I've never had tetras before this, and they've been spawning every few days since I posted this! I can't really get another tank unfortunately... :( 

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back