Glowlight TETRA swollen gills

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

NLindsey921

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
So I've had these fish for a little while. Today I went to feed them and noticed my two glowlight TETRA hiding in the back corners. This was weird behavior for them so I checked on them and noticed one had swollen gills with whitish fuzzy stuff on it. They were also red in color. The other ones gills were also red and slightly swollen but no fuzzy stuff. What's going on?

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

Also the one with the fuzzy stuff his mouth appears to be stuck open. I have removed them both to a one gallon tank that I was setting up for some snails.

These are both of the worse one.
78d06b854161b6bf84d2ca080099f63e.jpg
2ba6011ae3babd299641c0985836b7a9.jpg

The tank is 10 gallons.
Ph 7.6
Ammonia 0ppm
Nitrite 0ppm
Nitrate 10ppm
Not sure what the hardness is.

I have moved him into a one gallon tank so as he won't infect my other fish.

Yeah Im sticking with a bacterial infection then.May want to find a medicine and dose that and see if he gets better.

Will melafix work? I have some left over from when my daughter corydoras got sick.

Awesome. I will dose as soon as I get home from work tonight.

Day 3 dose 2

The one who wasn't as bad is still in the same condition. That's good. At least he didn't get worse.
The original one who was real bad is a little better. The amount of fuzziness has decreased but his mouth is still stuck open.
Imma continue with the melafix treatment for the seven days it recommends and then see what to do from there. If they are both healthy they will go back into the main tank. If not, I will try something else.

Both are still alive today. Still looks the same.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back