Given a weather loach!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

patience:-)

Reaction score
Hi! :) This is my first post...

I have been setting up my first tank for a month now and it's going great so far, I have 2 zebra danios (shop wouldn't sell me anymore as they werefirst fish) and at the weekend bought 3 mollies. My question is about a weather loach my daughter and boyfriend bought me. I have been reading this morning and am concerned my tank is not were he should be :-(

He prefers sand, I have gravel
He prefers to be in a group of 3 and my 24 gallon tank is too small
He prefers cold water and I have a tropical tank

While I appreciate being given the loach, he is a character and I love watching him (so does my dog) I want my fish to thrive, can't bear the though he's not in the best place for him. He does appear very happy at the mo.

Thanks.

They must be returned, sorry. As you have noted, the conditions in your aquarium are not at all compatible for this fish species. It is cruel to the fish to keep it. More info here:
http://www.seriouslyfish.com/species/misgurnus-anguillicaudatus/

This is a good illustration for you to use to teach your daughter and boyfriend that fish must be fully researched before acquiring, as different species have different requirements and will not be healthy (or "happy") unless these conditions are provided.

Byron.

Last edited:
Thank you that's what I thought :-( I shall stick to choosing my own fish from now on.

Most reactions

Back