Getting new tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Well as for plants as I was thinking along the lines of Indian fern, Amazon sword plant ,moneywort. And sorry for my miss spelling so if I just had guppys I read that you can have 10-15 guppies per 10 gallons??

Am I going the right way with guppys??

I have Amazon swords and Indian Fern (presumably this is Water Sprite, Ceratopteris cornuta, a superb floating plant). With the T5 lighting you will have algae issues.

If you have livebearers (guppies, etc) you will probably only want males, otherwise you will have dozens of fry every month once things get going. I would find guppies only in this sized tank a bit drab, but then I am not fond of guppies. The rainbows would be beautiful.

I have Amazon swords and Indian Fern (presumably this is Water Sprite, Ceratopteris cornuta, a superb floating plant). With the T5 lighting you will have algae issues.

If you have livebearers (guppies, etc) you will probably only want males, otherwise you will have dozens of fry every month once things get going. I would find guppies only in this sized tank a bit drab, but then I am not fond of guppies. The rainbows would be beautiful.

I am unsure on guppys I would like a large school of fish in this size tank that will give lots of colour and life and are good in hard water

I am unsure on guppys I would like a large school of fish in this size tank that will give lots of colour and life and are good in hard water

I think a group of one of the rainbowfish mentioned (but not Boesemani as said before) would achieve this.

What do you think of air pumps with lights On? Would like to get one but so can trun light of but keep air pump on

What do you think of air pumps with lights On? Would like to get one but so can trun light of but keep air pump on

I'm not sure I grasp what you're asking; perhaps you could expand?

Thanks Sue. The answer (to Martinbaker) is a definite "no." I'll respond more fully in the thread essjay links as it is pertinent.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back