Germinating Olive Seeds.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

M.R Otter

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hi;
I have this area in my garden where there was a lot of flowers in it but the ducks and chickens had distroyed the whole flowers!! And my mom was not happy at all :rolleyes: so... I decided to grow a big tree in that area like an orange tree or an olive tree. I want someone to tell me how to germinate olive seeds.
Thanks,

I'd imagine it's the same as any other seeds. Put them in warm, damp soil in a dish/pot or fold a damp paper towel over the seeds, with plastic wrap covering it so it doesn't dry out and keeps in heat. Then put it in a warm place like a sunny window.

I got pomegranite seeds to germinate by sticking them into a pot with a light covering of soil, keeping the soil moist (but not drippy wet), wrapping plastic wrap over the pot and keeping it in a sunny window. It can take a long time though so you need patience. You'll have to transplant the seeds to a bigger pot or the garden of course if you want them to keep growing.

I found a guide, but really, all a seed needs to be is warm and damp and it should germinate.

Id dry out the seed a little and plant in a very well drained soil water when drying out and as said be patient

good luck :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back