German Blue Ram, sick or Injured

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Carbon adsorbs (damn you Byron, absorbs sounds bettera) chemicals and heavy metals until it is full. There's no way of telling if it's full or still doing its job.

If the carbon has been in your tank for 9 months then it's probably full and not going to adsorb anything. Take the carbon out and throw it away and do not replace it.

Assume today's treatment didn't work, do a 75% water change tomorrow, and start the full course of treatment next week. I'm not sure what the directions are on the pack but follow them.

Carbon adsorbs (damn you Byron, absorbs sounds bettera) chemicals and heavy metals until it is full. There's no way of telling if it's full or still doing its job.

If the carbon has been in your tank for 9 months then it's probably full and not going to adsorb anything. Take the carbon out and throw it away and do not replace it.

Assume today's treatment didn't work, do a 75% water change tomorrow, and start the full course of treatment next week. I'm not sure what the directions are on the pack but follow them.

Alright, there was definitely some left in there, I took it out last night, I will do a water change when I get home from cricket tonight, cheers! Still feeding 3 times a day? He ate all three times yesterday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It it’s that old, carbon probably did nothing to meds. Take it out now and cut the charcoal out. Then you can still use the filter.

Last edited:
It it’s that old, carbon probablydid nothing to m do. Take it out now and cut the charcoal out. Then you can still use the filter.

Alright, I have the thick pads, like the ones you get to clean your aquarium glass with, I hope it will still work!

I'm really sorry for your fish. I wish I could help, but I don't know enough about these species. All my advice is the keep the tank clean in case of further infection and try to give I him a calm and comfortable environment. Good luck!!!!

I'm really sorry for your fish. I wish I could help, but I don't know enough about these species. All my advice is the keep the tank clean in case of further infection and try to give I him a calm and comfortable environment. Good luck!!!!

Thank you! I think that he has slightly improved, I’ll post a photo of him on day one, and day 3, (today), his gills are no where near as red! Which is really positive!

7c3164e32f97880855b9b501256da796.jpg
this his him now, I think his colour looks a lot better than what it did 2 days ago

I'm so happy for your little guy! He is adorable!!!! good luck with the rest of he treatment! also, what do you use to treat him? have you diagnosed him yet? if you did, what did he have. sorry I can only diagnose some diseases. most of them but not all. good luck!

Yes you continue to feed him 3 times a day until you have finished the course of treatment, in a few weeks. The extra food will hopefully help the fish build up some reserves and replace the blood if has lost to the parasites.

I'm so happy for your little guy! He is adorable!!!! good luck with the rest of he treatment! also, what do you use to treat him? have you diagnosed him yet? if you did, what did he have. sorry I can only diagnose some diseases. most of them but not all. good luck!

He definitely had tape worms, and I believe gill flukes, he is very cute! And he has a great personality usually, comes up and nibbles my hand when I clean the tank, I’m very happy with how he is!

Yes you continue to feed him 3 times a day until you have finished the course of treatment, in a few weeks. The extra food will hopefully help the fish build up some reserves and replace the blood if has lost to the parasites.

Alright cheers, he’s eating very well, I’m happy with how he is doing now

I used blue planet tape worm and gill fluke tablets, crushed up very finely, extremely impressed with how it’s worked!

Thx, but where do you buy that? I'm guessing not at normal pet shops.

No I’m in like, a very remote part of Australia and we have it, I think you’d have them

Thx, but where do you buy that? I'm guessing not at normal pet shops.

I went to one and they usually have it but they didn’t have in stock, then the second one did have it

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back