Garlic?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

sid.sarah

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi just need to ask about the garlic thing? Does it really help everything ?

My planted tank has Tetras and the ends of there fins are ragged so i was gonna put some garlic in there blood worms so do i chop it finley or gruss it and take out the bits???

Also do Oscar's and plec's like it??????

Please help!

Sarah & sid :lol: :hey:

I believe you're supposed to soak their food in the garlic juices. It's supposed to be an affective tool to boost their immune system. I've never tried it myself though with my fish.

God Bless,
Joshua

i have read that fresh garlic was better!
now i am not sure?????

It seems likely that it would be, but it's hard to say. It would seem that the use of garlic in treating fish needs to be much more heavily tested.

God Bless,
Joshua

Making me hungry, love some garlic mushrooms.

I just bought minced Garlic in the Jar at the store and tossed a few kernels in the water. (Probably will be frowned upon here... ) anyway, It really helped with our Ick.

^Did you try any other medication before hand? Is it possible there was some of that left over, or that it just took awhile to help?

God Bless,
Joshua

^Did you try any other medication before hand? Is it possible there was some of that left over, or that it just took awhile to help?

God Bless,
Joshua

I didn't, my tank had been completely cleaned out, and started over.

I just bought minced Garlic in the Jar at the store and tossed a few kernels in the water. (Probably will be frowned upon here... ) anyway, It really helped with our Ick.

Im pretty sure thats not what cured the ich. I think you would have to put a whole lot in the water for the ich to be effected by it. I know they use pepper to medicate ich, but im not sure how well garlic would work.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back