Galaxy Rasboras/celestial Pearl Danio

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

XFiSh_CichildX

Fish Herder
Reaction score
hey so i have a few questions about these guys would appreciate your answers :)

1) How many could i have in a 60l/15gal
2)what live food would they eat ?
3)would they be shrimp safe ? (cherry shrimp )
4) what set up do they prefer ?

Thanks in advance

hey so i have a few questions about these guys would appreciate your answers :)

1) How many could i have in a 60l/15gal
2)what live food would they eat ?
3)would they be shrimp safe ? (cherry shrimp )
4) what set up do they prefer ?

Thanks in advance

im no expert and i have never kept them, but i plan too in the near future. i believe there temperate fish so room temperature is adequite as long as you avoid extremes. they prefer a planted tank with not much flow (but they can take some flow). as reards to food, any thing thats not massive will do. daphnia brine shrimp and small blood worms seem the easiest things i can get hoild of...without growing my own. they will be fine with cherry shrimp but may eat some baby ones im not sure.

hope iv helped

Are you just going to keep CPD,s in you tank or along with anything else,they like to be in shoals of at least six,mine eat live brine shrimp ,daphnia and blood worm,they get along fine with my Amano shrimps dont know about cherry shrimps but I would think they would get along fine they are not an aggressive fish,and finally a well planted set up because they are a bit timid,I think they are a beautiful little fish

Are you just going to keep CPD,s in you tank or along with anything else,they like to be in shoals of at least six,mine eat live brine shrimp ,daphnia and blood worm,they get along fine with my Amano shrimps dont know about cherry shrimps but I would think they would get along fine they are not an aggressive fish,and finally a well planted set up because they are a bit timid,I think they are a beautiful little fish

yea think i am going to have just the 60L for them no shrimp in that as i have a 110L shrimp tank now :)

im going to give it a go at breeding these so ive been doing my research now :)!

thanks for the answer :)

also thanks to lloyd (sp.?)

yea think i am going to have just the 60L for them no shrimp in that as i have a 110L shrimp tank now :)

im going to give it a go at breeding these so ive been doing my research now :)!

thanks for the answer :)

also thanks to lloyd (sp.?)

theyre fine with cherry shrimp, but will eat baby shrimp. shrimp will eat cpd eggs aswell. they are easy to breed. just put a trio in a tank half full of moss. leave them for a few days they return them to main tank. over the next few days you will see fry hanging on glass. i keep mine anywer between 18-23. keep them over a dark substrate o they can look washed out. i have found keeping them with other small more outgoing fish like eg. guppies makes them less shy.

theyre fine with cherry shrimp, but will eat baby shrimp. shrimp will eat cpd eggs aswell. they are easy to breed. just put a trio in a tank half full of moss. leave them for a few days they return them to main tank. over the next few days you will see fry hanging on glass. i keep mine anywer between 18-23. keep them over a dark substrate o they can look washed out. i have found keeping them with other small more outgoing fish like eg. guppies makes them less shy.

think im going to use fine black gravel and alot of java moss :) what should i feed the fry ? :S

greenwater is whats suggested. they will feed off life forms present on java moss also. raising the fry is alot more difficult than getting fry in the 1st place there is a cpd website and forum that is very informative.

I keep them in a 35 litre, 10 of them at the moment, will probably get another half dozen. I keep mine at 24/25, but they are also good for lower temps. Seriouslyfish has an excellent write up on them.

I keep them in a 35 litre, 10 of them at the moment, will probably get another half dozen. I keep mine at 24/25, but they are also good for lower temps. Seriouslyfish has an excellent write up on them.

cheers :) will check that out now

Most reactions

trending

Back