Fuzzy Growth On Cory

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Flute

Global Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Hi all,

I came home from uni today and was really happy to find that all my previous problems with my largest community tank has finally cleared up brilliantly.

I then finally managed to spot my second albino corydora in my 60 ltr and found this:

albino.jpg

Tank stats are:

60 ltrs
Tank mates are: 1 male half moon betta, 2 albino corydora, 1 bronze corydora and 1 adolfoi cory.
ammonia: 0ppm
Nitrite: 0ppm
Nitrate: Haven't been able to test yet
Temp: 25C
No new additions but the corys were all moved in with my betta weeks ago. No aggression problems, although he did initially nip a couple of fins, all of which are healing nicely.

The only thing is that I can think of is that she's caught herself on something in the tank and its developed into this. My boyfriend doesn't think that it was there yesterday. He is concerned though as he was away for a few days and my dad promptly over feed all 3 of my tanks by accident. My bf did water changes and gravel vacs on each tank as soon as he could, but I'm wondering if the over feeding could have contributed to what ever this is. As he couldn't get dechlorinator straight away he did ammonia tests just to make sure they were safe and it came back 0ppm.

As she's albino it's kinda difficult to tell, but it looks like its white on the edges and red on in the inside, with this mound of fluffiness on top.

Could someone please advise me in the best way to treat her please?

This never ending cycle of problems is really starting to get me down :( All my levels are fine, they get water changes each week, get a varied diet and still something comes up. I manage to treat one thing and then something else comes up about 8 weeks later. Does anyone else get problems this often or am I doing something really wrong with my tanks? :(

She may've cut herself and it's just got infected.

Treat the whole tank with an anti fungal, or even better in a quarantine tank. It should heal up in no time :good:

Skittles

Skittle, thats what I thought too. I'll have a look in the meds cabinet and see if we have any anti fungal. Thanks for the reassurance :)

Mrs biffster, Tank has been up and running for about 18 months now without any problems. I've never seen this kind of thing before :S

Cheers guys ^^'

The cory looked worse yesterday, but by last night the fuzziness had gone down loads, and by this morning there was only a tiny bit left. So I re dosed as stated on the bottle to do ever 24 hours until the problem is gone. She looks much better now, but it does looks quite sore, so I think it'll just be a case of upping water changes for a while to let her heal and soak their food in garlic juice.

Thankfully she doesn't seem phased by it at all as she's still swimming around, digging in the sand and eating so that's a good sign :)

Thanks again all :)

Haha I just worry way too much ^^'
Figured out that my albinos are actually blind, or very close to, so that would explain the injuries, even though there isn't anything sharp in the tank :3 I've seen them swimming into the bog wood and the sides of the tank, but it doesn't seem to be bothering them and they find their food though so thats good.

Haha I just worry way too much ^^'
Figured out that my albinos are actually blind, or very close to, so that would explain the injuries, even though there isn't anything sharp in the tank :3 I've seen them swimming into the bog wood and the sides of the tank, but it doesn't seem to be bothering them and they find their food though so thats good.

Well I don't know about Cory's specifically, but I do know it is common for albino anything to be blind.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back