Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Fungus, fin rot, or something else?

Discussion in 'Tropical Fish Emergencies' started by Jessie J., Jan 4, 2019.

?

Fungus, fin rot, or something else?

1. Fin rot

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Fungus

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Something else

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Jessie J.

Jessie J. Fish Crazy

HI everyone. I noticed just today that my betta has been hiding a lot lately, and that half of his body is whitish/several shades lighter than the rest of his body, and that his fins are thin and ragged-looking. All parameters are fine, and I was suspecting fin rot, but does anyone know what the white stuff is? I can probably post some pictures if they are needed but it'll have to be sometime tomorrow. Thank you.

2. Colin_T

Colin_T Member

A picture tells a thousand words and should be the first thing you post in a thread when asking for help identifying a disease. Then post water quality results (yes, we want numbers). Then post tank size, water change regime, anything new that has been added in the last 2 weeks. And any other information relevant to the fish. :)

The following link has some information about what to do if you fish every get sick. It is long and boring but worth knowing. I suggest printing it out and reading it in bed to help fall asleep.
    http://www.fishforums.net/threads/what-to-do-if-your-fish-gets-sick.450268/

3. Cichlid4life

Cichlid4life Fish Crazy

Next after the picture that tells a thousand words, it is the parameters that tell a hundred words.