Fungal Treatment, Help!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

JSmails

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have a tank where a fungal infection has killed a couple of neons and now my dwarf gourami has become badly infected with what seems to be furunculosis. Initially he had bumps which turned to ulcer like problems and now they have been covered with a fuzzy long white growth.

Initially I treated with melafix which didnt work. I am now using Myaxin. Is there a better treatment?

Also should I destroy the fish or keep treating the tank?

From my understanding Myxazin is more bacteriacidal than fungicidal. Cuprazin or Protozin might be a better choice for a true fungus problem. It sounds like you are in the UK, meds and availability are far different than those here in the US.

If they are starting out as bumps, then turning to ulcers without any fuzz apparent it is probably bacterial. The fuzziness may be a secondary fungal problem. Treating the main bacterial problem with Myaxzin is a good start, along with a med tank with plenty of water changes. While Melafix is a good tonic. it isn't a strong antibiotic, which is by the sound of it what your fish need.

can somebody also help me?
one of my female guppies has started to not eat and just sit at the top and also has these weird pink lips.
can somebody pls help

thx

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back