Fungal treatment + baby fish?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

Super Nova

Reaction score
Hi all,
So my mum recently got me a guppy pair - and coincidentally - one was very very pregnant.. sheā€™s going to give birth and time... however I also noticed that one of my neon tetras have a tiny growth on the top of its mouth.. itā€™s the second or third day that itā€™s there. Iā€™d like to treat it before it gets worse, Iā€™ve read that fungal treatment helps it and Iā€™d love to put into a separate tank to treat it - but this isnā€™t an option for me at this point and time. I normally would treat my whole tank, but Iā€™m afraid that the fungal treatment might stress my guppy or potentially be lethal to her fry when they come out.. is there anything I could do? Or is it safe for the fry?

Hi all,
So my mum recently got me a guppy pair - and coincidentally - one was very very pregnant.. sheā€™s going to give birth and time... however I also noticed that one of my neon tetras have a tiny growth on the top of its mouth.. itā€™s the second or third day that itā€™s there. Iā€™d like to treat it before it gets worse, Iā€™ve read that fungal treatment helps it and Iā€™d love to put into a separate tank to treat it - but this isnā€™t an option for me at this point and time. I normally would treat my whole tank, but Iā€™m afraid that the fungal treatment might stress my guppy or potentially be lethal to her fry when they come out.. is there anything I could do? Or is it safe for the fry?

I would not do anything, except observe. A white growth is not likely fungal anyway. Without knowing exactly what something is, treating for it is hit and miss, and any substance added to the water gets inside fish and causes stress at best, or death at worst. Clean water and preventing stress is your best method.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back