Reaction score
Equipment make/model/size: See list below
Quantity for sale: 1
Reason for Sale: Moving
Delivery or Collection: Collection Only
Sales price: Sensible Offers
Postage & Packaging: N/A
Photograph: See below

Here we have my Rio 240 fully planted set up.

Rio 240
T5 light unit
2L Pressurised Co2 with solenoid
2 Sun Sun power heads
Fluval E300 digital heater
Eheim, 200 Air pump
Eheim 2071 Pro 3 filter
Eheim 2073 Pro 3 filter
Glass bubble counter diffuser
Glass drop checker
Scissors and Tweezers
Whatever fertilizers/water treatments I have
API test kit

This is a fully set up tank, highly planted and stocked. I've been EI dosing it and doing 50% water changes weekly. I will throw in a Fluval 304 filter also for use when doing water changes.

Fish stock is;

2 Kissing Gourami's
1 Sailfin Molly
11 Pentozonan Barbs
8 Cardinal tetra's
3 Peppered Cories
4 Schwatzi Cories
4 Clown Loach
4 Chain loach
1 Siemese Algae eater
8 or 10 Amani Shrimp

Plants etc are:

Amazon Swords
Anubias
Blyxia Japonica
Loads of others which I can't remember the name of.
A couple of really nice pieces of Mopani wood.

Substrate is:

Sand
JBL Aqua Basis +
Oliver Knott

This is being sold as a full set up and is for collection from Norwich.

Sensible offers only please for a very good set up.

P1020612.jpg

P1020620.jpg

TBH Haych I don't really know what to ask. I was hoping somewhere around £700 but like I say I don't know what this kind of set up gets second hand.

TYVM 21rm.

wow :blink:

You would be lucky to get £300 for a rio 240 - I was just bidding on one that went for £72....

You may be better selling it seperately - selling one of the pumps seperate, maybe even both and go down the break it down route.

You could get £200-250 for the rio and a pump and then around £50 for the extra pump and whatever for the rest

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news :S

wow :blink:

You would be lucky to get £300 for a rio 240 - I was just bidding on one that went for £72....

You may be better selling it seperately - selling one of the pumps seperate, maybe even both and go down the break it down route.

You could get £200-250 for the rio and a pump and then around £50 for the extra pump and whatever for the rest

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news :S
Ready to sell seperately now.

Sounds expensive
With the exception of the tank itself and a couple of the fish everything is less than 12 months old, even the C02 tank was brand new and tested etc with a proper valve fitted. So when you say sounds expensive please enlighten me as to what exactly it is that's expensive, because the individual prices I have listed above I think are quite reasonable.

tbf - I can say the eheims and the tank are a very good price - the rest i couldnt comment about as I don't know them.

£200 for the rio is a very good price :nod:

you may be better listing it on ebay - but I would sell seperstely though as not everyone will appreciate the value together. You could list them all seperately and state you could do a deal for them together or something

Are the SunSun power heads wavemakers? If so, what are they rated at and are they suction or magnet?

Firstly, how old is the tank and are there any scraches/damage to cabinet, glass or hood?

I'm interested in your tanks if still available. I would be interested in the following items:

Rio 240 & T5 light unit (IS THE LIGHT UNIT ORIGINAL JUWEL HI-LITE & how many watts per lamp?)
Glass bubble counter diffuser & Glass drop checker
Fluval E300 300W digital heater
Eheim 2073 Pro 3 filter
Scissors and Tweezers, Whatever fertilizers/water treatments I have & API test kit
Plants & Mopani wood
Fish
Substrates

What would you take for this setup, for a good price I would seriously consider as I would be coming a long way to collect?

Thanks

If the sale above doesn't go to plan I'd be interested in these fish for 25 pounds

8 Cardinal tetra's
3 Peppered Cories
4 Schwatzi Cories
4 Clown Loach
4 Chain loach
1 Siemese Algae eater
8 or 10 Amani Shrimp

If you'd sell sep that is, I live in Norwich and will pick up, let me know cheers.

Firstly, how old is the tank and are there any scraches/damage to cabinet, glass or hood?

I'm interested in your tanks if still available. I would be interested in the following items:

Rio 240 & T5 light unit (IS THE LIGHT UNIT ORIGINAL JUWEL HI-LITE & how many watts per lamp?)
Glass bubble counter diffuser & Glass drop checker
Fluval E300 300W digital heater
Eheim 2073 Pro 3 filter
Scissors and Tweezers, Whatever fertilizers/water treatments I have & API test kit
Plants & Mopani wood
Fish
Substrates

What would you take for this setup, for a good price I would seriously consider as I would be coming a long way to collect?

Thanks
No damage to the cabinet or hood, there are a couple of light scratches on the glass but not what you'd call noticeable, I have to look for them to see them. I bought the tank second hand less than a year ago, I think its about 2-3 years old. The light unit is less than a year old, I replaced the original T8 unit with the T5.
Yes the T5 light unit is a jewel Hi lite, 2 X 54W bulbs, I hadn't listed that I have reflectors fitted also.
You've listed the diffuser and drop checker but not the C02, I take it you already have pressurised C02?
For what you have listed I'll take £400. I can throw in 2 x 25 litre containers for water also, I use them for water changes. I would recommend you bring at least another 2 containers of this size as you'll want a minimum of 100 litres of the water to ensure you don't stress out the fish to much.

If the sale above doesn't go to plan I'd be interested in these fish for 25 pounds

8 Cardinal tetra's
3 Peppered Cories
4 Schwatzi Cories
4 Clown Loach
4 Chain loach
1 Siemese Algae eater
8 or 10 Amani Shrimp

If you'd sell sep that is, I live in Norwich and will pick up, let me know cheers.
I'll let you know Azeron.

id be interested in these if your willing to post

Eheim 2071 Pro 3 filter
Plants & Mopani wood

cheers mike

Most reactions

Back