Fry Food, - Newly Hatched

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Tizer

Team TetraTEC
Reaction score
Out of interest, i was wondering what food people give their fry when kept in a net in a main tank.

I've got about 30 eggs due to hatch in a few days and i would normally keep them in a plastic tub and float it on top of the aquarium and put in liquifry, this time i've got a breeding net in the tank and i expect liquifry to drop through the bottom of the netting.

ta!

Well 20 bronze fry hatched out last night :)

Ive done some orders on ebay for:

Hikari First Bites
Decapsulated Brine Shrimp Eggs
Freeze Dried Rotifers

I've put a small blob of mixed brine shrimp in the bottom of the net as a food source for now, so hopefully that will suffice until the other bits arrive. :)

The fry are sooooooo small i cant imagine anything small enough for them to eat.

Oh, just a quick question if anyone has time, i have done some reading here so i think im partly "sound" in my thinking.

When i move the fry to the 12x8x8 tank i have in a few weesk time, is there really any worry about cycling it?

I plan to do a 50% water change on a daily basis and i cant imagine these guys, being so small, pumping out much Ammonia, certainly not enough that a 50% water change cant dilute. Plus over the weeks i would presume the filter would naturally cycle on its own?

ta!

Has long has you do daily waterchanges and keep an eye on the stats,the filter will build up in time to support their load :good:

It tends to be the food polluting the water,more so than the fry,keep the bottom clean of uneaten food,i feed mine a tiny bit 2-3 times a day and clean the sand whilst doing a daily w/c.

I use either firstbites,tetramin baby or defrosted baby brine shrimp,i did try microworms,but ended up having more than i could get rid of :rolleyes:

Good luck with your fry :good:

Has long has you do daily waterchanges and keep an eye on the stats,the filter will build up in time to support their load :good:

It tends to be the food polluting the water,more so than the fry,keep the bottom clean of uneaten food,i feed mine a tiny bit 2-3 times a day and clean the sand whilst doing a daily w/c.

I use either firstbites,tetramin baby or defrosted baby brine shrimp,i did try microworms,but ended up having more than i could get rid of :rolleyes:

Good luck with your fry :good:

I'll have to try not to suck them up :D i've not put much sand in it so should be easy enough :)

first off when mine hatchet i used liquidfry as i only had that.
but after a week i got microworms for them, and it grows very easy :good:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back