Freshwater Flounder?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Nmonks is one of the most, if not the most, formally educated aquarist on Tropical Fish Forums. I have yet to see any statements he makes of any consequence concerning aquatics not backed up by scientific studies. You could learn a lot from him, I have, and am sure I will continue to do so. You should be more appreciative that someone with his knowledge will take the time to explain why you are wrong. I personally would have no problem having someone of Neale's level of knowledge correcting me if, and when, I am wrong.

:nod:

absolutely agreed, come on now how many of us aren't chuffed to bits when Neale takes the time to explain these things to us on a topic we're confused about? I'm always very appreciateive of his replies and i feel a lot safer about keeping fish knowing i can get in touch with such an expert should i need to.

i've found this topic very informative and i hope you take a step back from your position and open your mind to the facts being presented to you.

To go back tot he salt question for a minute - not to start up the whole argument or anything, but just cause I would like to know something else -

On www.bettatalk.com , the betta breeder there recommends using aquarium salt to prevent parasites and fungus. She also recommends aquarisol as an ich and velvet preventative.

Are either of these claims accurate to any degree?

To go back tot he salt question for a minute - not to start up the whole argument or anything, but just cause I would like to know something else -

On www.bettatalk.com , the betta breeder there recommends using aquarium salt to prevent parasites and fungus. She also recommends aquarisol as an ich and velvet preventative.

Are either of these claims accurate to any degree?
At the small levels most people say you should use as a tonic, the salt is doing nothing against ich or velvet. Once you raise it to the levels that would actually affect pathogens (such as in treatments) then you are approaching the concentrations that can affect the osmoregulatory functions of the fish.

I bet this breeder has been breeding for many years, quite possibly since the days when tonic salt ws considered a very good thing, and their views are based on that and the fact that the low levels used thus far (together with good water quality) has not seen any problems.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back