Freshwater Flounder (Sole) or Achirus achirus

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

i want one!!! :(

You can always pop down to London to pick some up ! :p They had a tank full of these little chaps last week.
Anyway, I just wanted to say that I tried feeding them frozen bloodworm last night and I'm delighted that they took it straight away. I was a bit "concerned" that they will only eat live bloodworm and that I'll have to make frequent visits to the lfs to have a constant live supply.

1) It's a pain to schlepp to the lfs a couple of times a week
2) It's downright dangerous to go to the lfs that often, as it just leads me into temptations ! That's how I got these chaps in the first place :grr: and all I really wanted was some new filter sponges !

CFC, I have another question for you. Do you think these chaps (they size they currently are) might get taken for food if I put them with some 4" L255's ? All they really are at the moment is eyes above the sand and even though they are incredibly fast I'm not sure if they'd be ok ? :dunno:

The plecs wont eat them, they may try to suck on them if they mistake them for a piece of stone but as soon as the flounder moves they'll stop.

Hi, I went to Wholesale Tropicalin Bethnal Green (London. U.K) yesterday & they had one Flounder left, it was a beautifull brick red colour but at £12.50 I wasn't sure although I loved it as I thought it may be under the gravel most of the time & I woulnd't see it so may be a waste of money. I wonder if they will go will Achirus Achirus, a simular but much smaller flat fish. I'm sure they will or are they the same fish?

Anyone know how much time they spend under the gravel?

Most reactions

trending

Back