freshwater dolphin

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

I think "everyone to there own" :sick: ......We all do what we think is best for our pets, and to some others they might not like it. So lets all be more tactful and sensitive to other people, that way everyones happy!!

By the "Flipper" comment, I figured he ment a horizontal tail fin, not a vertical. Sorry that came to my mind first, I realize that it is pretty much impossible for you to get a true FW dolphin. I don't advocate live feeding except where necessary (Like gars and such), but not because of cuelty. Feeding you fish live fish is dangerous. They carry diseases and such that could cause a lot of trouble. Getting a bag of frozen "Silversides" might do much better for them. Try some prawns and such to give them a healthier diet with less fat. I'm not exactly sure on the fat content of "Elephant noses" but I'm sure it's pretty high since aquariums fish are often fed on exceedingly nutrisous diets. Be careful not to get too much fat in you Pirahnahs' diet. That too could lead to many problems. Also make sure to remove anything that may be left over (bones and such) and watch for choking on bones and barbs. Good luck and Good fishing!

you could try feeding it on saltwater fish, like really cheap ones, or ones from the fish monger. and because there saltwater fish being placed into freshwater that should solve the disesase carrying problem.

My cousin used to do this, and found it worked v.well.

I'm not going to get into what others should feed there fish unless it might hurt the fish, to each their own, imo.

just wanted to say to try some cooked peas (skin them after boiling them), crawlers and krill. They get huge fast on krill and the carotenoid pigments will really bring out their colors.

In the wild a staple of their diet is nuts and berries etc. Fish don't have a very good nutritional value at all, so make sure to supplement.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back