freshwater dolphin

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I think people equate dolphins to be smart mammals not deserving a death by pirhana. But to defend mpost here, a lot of piscivorous fish are kept in aquariums and live fish are a necessity in their diet. It is nature for them to feed on other fish. Now could it have been stated a little differently? Yes.

So that said, what is this freshwater dolphin? Is it actually a dolphin or something that looks like a dolphin? Kind of like how the baby whale is not related to an actual whale.

Humans will call anything that acts like them smart. dolphins are intelligent. dogs are "smart".

this dolphin looks nothing like a regular "Flipper" its kinda an ugly fish if i say so myself..ill try and find some pictures of it...and yes as of 5:17PM Central time..the dolphin is no longer with us

Where are you located?

Is your clock fast, cus it says you posted at 5:14 and you said 5:17. Are you phycic? BTW, I'm just kidding with that. You must have had your pirahanas for some time. They are illegal for importation and distribution, much like snakeheads. Though the distribution laws are much more adheared to by law-enforcment personel as compared to the snakehead, I have heard rumors of people selling (or donating) off prized pets of tremendous size and furocity. I agree that many piscovours need that "Killer" instinct and opportunity to stay mentally fit, plus its good excercise. I don't really advocate feeding them FW Dolphins, but only because of the cost you must have encured to get a true FW dolphin (They only exist in China where they are almost extinct or in Brazil where they are blind) But, these fish are FAR more valuable than your teethy little friends. I think you may want to post a pic or link to what was sold to you as a FW dolphin. Sounds like another LFS making up "Common" names to bolster the desire for such a fish.

:sly: BTW, I do think that a little more "sugar" (reads cooth) on top of that whole 'I wanna watch my pirahna KILL KILL KILL, and then KILL again' thing would have gone a long way to making nice with the locals. But who am I to judge, I've started a fire once or twice in my stay here. :shifty:

I *believe* freshwater dolphin is another name for the elephant fish

mpost said:
this dolphin looks nothing like a regular "Flipper" its kinda an ugly fish if i say so myself..ill try and find some pictures of it...and yes as of 5:17PM Central time..the dolphin is no longer with us
Maybe you should get out more....

impur said:
I think people equate dolphins to be smart mammals not deserving a death by pirhana. But to defend mpost here, a lot of piscivorous fish are kept in aquariums and live fish are a necessity in their diet. It is nature for them to feed on other fish. Now could it have been stated a little differently? Yes.

So that said, what is this freshwater dolphin? Is it actually a dolphin or something that looks like a dolphin? Kind of like how the baby whale is not related to an actual whale.
i read about it on other forums...they said its some sort of catfish that looks like a dolphin(like FW sharks)...i really diidnt see the pic but ill try to look for it..

OK all of you stop fighting! i really wouldnt feed a fish to my other fish its crule and mean! i know they do it in there natril habitat but why would you harm other helthy fish???????i am not trying to start a fight i am merly trying to stop the 1 that has started! and sujesting not to feed live fish to your other fish! :-(

well i have a needlenose gar in my tank and he eats nothing but swordtails. he will not eat anything esle. i don't think this is cruel.

yeah well me and mpost r friends and that thing wus beatin on all my other fish so we decided if i wus gunna kill him ne ways why not make it a meal... my friend has a whole bunch and i buy them for a dollar a peice they r pretty when they get big

jerenycool said:
well i have a needlenose gar in my tank and he eats nothing but swordtails. he will not eat anything esle. i don't think this is cruel.
finally someone who thinks live feeding isnt as bad as you all think

damn i would of thought it'd be damn expensive to feed it on flipper..

I dont think the use of live pray is wrong, but when i first read this i thought u were talking about using real fresh water dalphins. Damn that would be expensive.

btw have u considered feeding em on livebareing fishes e.g. guppies, mollies, swordtails etc... alot cheaper then using an elephant fish.

ALso if u kept a small tank with those fishes in and a bunch of plants in the corner you'd have an abandant supply of fresh water fishes to feed em on in basically a matter weeks to a few months.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back