Freeze dried daphnia

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Scarab

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
My boys are quite spoiled with 4 different kinds of food :*) , but I'm always looking for more ways to increase the variety. Was eyeing Hikari FD daphnia last night in Petsmart and just wanted to get some opinions from some actual users of this food (or any other brand FD daphnia) before I plunk down $6.99 for it (I've already spent quite a bit on their food). I know bettas are finnicky/picky eaters (sometimes my boys look @ the FD brine shrimp like "um...ok...you expect me to eat THAT?"), but just wanted to know how your bettas have taken, or not taken, to daphnia. Do they like it. Is it a good food for bettas?

My last betta was quite keen on live daphnia, would eat frozen daphnia but wouldn't touch dried daphnia. My new one still hasn't eaten anything much apart from the odd bloodworm, but he's had quite a hard time of it (LFS -> over-crowded community tank where he got savaged -> LFS hospital tank -> my home).

My gouramis, who have similar tastes to my betta will eat dried daphnia, but I think they'd eat an old sock if that was all that was on offer!

I certainly wouldn't buy large quantities of any dried food - it doesn't last that long. Can you get hold of frozen food at all?

There's 3 LPS and 1 LFS that I can go to for frozen food. I know they have frozen brine shrimp and bloodworms. Didn't even think to look for the daphnia...but I was just quickly browsing their frozen food sections. I'll have to check...but I'm very reluctant to use frozen food...due to possible parasites, etc. I like the freeze dried because I know it's clean, especially Hikari. I'll check...but my boys may have to do without the daphnia :sad: .

Thanks for the reply...very helpful.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back