Fostering Red Cherry Shrimp Eggs

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

FishGuest5123

Fish Maniac
Tank of the Month šŸ†
Reaction score
Mother shrimp found dying yesterday after cleaning tank and was heavily berried. She ended up dying and I harvested the eggs as she was one of my fire red shrimp. I placed the eggs in a small 1.5G tank with a heater, filter covered with panty hose, and an air stone. I also added some methylene blue to prevent fungus. I have no idea how old the eggs are. They are dark green. Itā€™s difficult to see if they have eyes or not yet. They are gently rolling back and forth and temp is 76F. I used tank water to fill the small tank. Anyone ever tried to hatch RCS eggs after Mom died. Suggestions? I donā€™t want to leave food in there. Should I add food if/when they hatch? I will move them back to main shrimp tank once they are all born or look like no more will hatch.

Mother shrimp found dying yesterday after cleaning tank and was heavily berried. She ended up dying and I harvested the eggs as she was one of my fire red shrimp. I placed the eggs in a small 1.5G tank with a heater, filter covered with panty hose, and an air stone. I also added some methylene blue to prevent fungus. I have no idea how old the eggs are. They are dark green. Itā€™s difficult to see if they have eyes or not yet. They are gently rolling back and forth and temp is 76F. I used tank water to fill the small tank. Anyone ever tried to hatch RCS eggs after Mom died. Suggestions? I donā€™t want to leave food in there. Should I add food if/when they hatch? I will move them back to main shrimp tank once they are all born or look like no more will hatch.
I donā€™t have much experience with shrimp because Iā€™ve never kept them unfortunately. However, it sounds like youā€™re doing a great job to be honest.

I hope all your shrimp will be ok, it sounds like their in good hands.

Best of luck

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back