Forum Software Conversion Happening - Pretty Much Now!

I also have the same question as Byron up there .
And yet another (sorry).
In my signature, I can't add a picture?
I don't have the option to look into my computer (or album in phone) to add. It only gives the option to add a URL?
I only ask because I've seen a lot of people who's signatures have a picture of their tanks and I wanted to do the same.

Screen Shot 2016-09-30 at 8.51.21 AM.png

I can't see the mod / retired mod boards. I hope the active mods can.

Hey veraderock, you the same one that's a admin on the kahr forum? I'm one of the mods there.

Hey Toney. I used to be, but I don't go over there anymore since VerticalScope took over.

In my signature, I can't add a picture?
I don't have the option to look into my computer (or album in phone) to add. It only gives the option to add a URL?

This software doesn't support uploading signatures by default, however I've found a plugin to give us that ability. I'm getting it installed now :)

Okay the upload signature imnages is available now. However there are limitations. The image must meet the following:
  • 128 KB file size.
  • 640 pixels image width.
  • 140 pixels image height.
It's possible we'll revisit this and adjust them later.

Hey Toney. I used to be, but I don't go over there anymore since VerticalScope took over.

Interesting comment...I left another forum for the very same reason, and I am on another local forum but never active because the same Admin runs it. And I've heard horror stories from other forum owners about VerticalScope. Their aim is purely monetary, they want to own every forum on the web. The technical Admins know nothing about the topics. Sad, as truly dedicated forums disappear.

Okay the upload signature imnages is available now. However there are limitations. The image must meet the following:
  • 128 KB file size.
  • 640 pixels image width.
  • 140 pixels image height.
It's possible we'll revisit this and adjust them later.
Oh super cool! I will fiddle with sizing a pic and try to get it loaded!! Thanks a bunch!

all of my text is overlapping on the homepage :(

Since the software change the section at the right hand side of the homepage listing the latest threads has disappeared. I'm using an iPad so don't know whether that's the problem? I liked that section.

They are there, just down on the page. Not a very good location at all and they don't really come up until you have scrolled a ton. Maybe we can fix that. If you can't see anything on the right there is an arrow that shows/hides that column.

Since the software change the section at the right hand side of the homepage listing the latest threads has disappeared. I'm using an iPad so don't know whether that's the problem? I liked that section.

Ahh yes so they are. Sorry about that. When I start scrolling the column at the side doesn't start to move with the rest of the page until I get further down.

Thanks Chad

You're welcome. We'll see if we can't get them fixed in place or moved up. It's a hugely useful tool for people and helps keep the conversations going.

all of my text is overlapping on the homepage :(

Can you post a screengrab so we can see what you are experiencing? Also, do you know which web browser and version you are running?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back