Forum Software Conversion Happening - Pretty Much Now!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Chad

Reef Tank, Crustacean, and Puffer Enthusiast
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Hey everybody! The board is going to be getting all new software. We're leaving IP Board and going to a new system calledĀ XenForo.Ā 
Ā 
You will still be able to chat and communicate through private messages (they'll have a new name) but we'll be able to present the information in an easier to find way and the software will be much more mobile friendly for those of you on phones and tablets.Ā 
Ā 
Hang on to your hats for a fun ride!Ā 
Ā 
Below is a really long tutorial if you are interested in the details.Ā 
Ā 
https://youtu.be/pk1qfu4TJN8
Ā 
Ā 

Where is the tropical discussion and emergency boards?? I had a bunch of posts on the discussions page and now everything is gone!

And the new software is live! It will still take us several days to button everything up and add features so please keep that in mind while we continue to fine tune.

We are working on adding the chat box back and we hope to have that going shortly.

Please post up here if you see anything else that's missing or if you need any help with the new software.

I can't find a way to edit my profile - I have closed one tank down and need to change the "Information" section of my profile.
Is this on the to-do list?

I can't find a way to edit my profile - I have closed one tank down and need to change the "Information" section of my profile.
Is this on the to-do list?

Did you find this info yet - if you click on your username in the upper right hand corner - you'll see options to access / edit various things such as your personal details.

Yes I did.

I kept coming back to the forum yesterday to see what had changed and discovered I could edit my profile. I think functions were being restored over a few hours.

Edit - for instance, my posts yesterday went to moderation, this one didn't.

Yup. It's a process. There are a lot of nice little features the old software didn't have though. For example, this one saves a quick draft. I accidentally clicked out of a page, in the old software that would have lost me my post, but when I clicked back it was there.

Are we likely to get back the list of our posts at some point?

"My Content" in my profile only lists the posts I've made since the move. It would be helpful to be able to access posts made before the move.

Looks great and I love that I can read it all on my phone (the last platform didn't play well with phones).
My question is, I use to log in and always click on "participated" or however it was worded about threads I've commented in...
Is this the same thing as the new "watched threads"?

My question is, I use to log in and always click on "participated" or however it was worded about threads I've commented in...
Is this the same thing as the new "watched threads"?

Yes, exactly. However, you have to specifically click to "watch" a thread or forum.

There is a profile preference though that you can select which will automatically "watch" any threads that you either create or reply within. It's the first item under "Options" on this page:
http://www.fishforums.net/account/preferences

Perfect, I actually found that this morning and checked it!
Thanks!

Yes, exactly. However, you have to specifically click to "watch" a thread or forum.

There is a profile preference though that you can select which will automatically "watch" any threads that you either create or reply within. It's the first item under "Options" on this page:
http://www.fishforums.net/account/preferences

That helps, but related to this...when I call up the list it has the threads with my last post showing, but no indication of subsequent posts by others. It was very beneficial previously to be able to see if a thread had been updated without having to go through all of them. Am I missing something (could be, I am hopeless with technology)?

Hey veraderock, you the same one that's a admin on the kahr forum? I'm one of the mods there.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back