For Sale: Full Tropical Tank Set-Up With Fish & Cabinet (Please R

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

PrairieSunflower

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
This sale is actually two sales, which I am happy to sell together or to two different people... the catch is... I need to sell the tank set-up before I can sell the cabinet it is sitting on.

(Please note: smaller tank is NOT for sale)

1) Full tropical set-up including fish

2) Cabinet

I hope to add pictures of the the fish later... they are ALL very shy fish and don't like pictures.

Quantity for sale: Full set-up, read bellow
Reason for Sale: Moving, I am not confident the tank bottom would survive moving the distance we are going.
Delivery or Collection: Collection required, please bring all supplies you would need to break down the tank and transport fish and all.
Sales price: £80

Willing to Ship: No

SALE 1: FULL TROPICAL SET-UP INCLUDING FISH:
Age and condition:

Tank: Age unknown, I bought this secondhand and have actively used it for about 3 years. I have not had any issues with it, no leaks. The corners have chips, I glued black edging on it to cover it up (does not affect stability of the tank in any way). There are scratches here and there on the glass but nothing major, you only see them if you are looking for them.

The tank measures: 36x12x12 (inches) and has a metal removable hood.

Light fixtures: There are two light fixtures, one in the tank one I was given free and have never tested. Both are by Arcadia. Light tube working and included.
Filters: This tank is currently running a Fluval U3 filter that is only a few months old and in fantastic working order. I am also including the old Fluval U3 which is working but is not as powerful, good for an emergency back-up.

Tank also includes: Heater, one large arched bogwood, two small bogwood pieces, two nice feature rocks with mature anubia nanas attached (they have flowered once a year for the last 3 years), natural colored gravel, broken vase ornament, 2 condensation trays between tank and lights, large shipwreck ornament (not currently in tank).

Plants: two mature anubias nanas (mentioned above), random java ferns, about 5 moss balls, anubias congensis (they have never done well and need TLC). I have changed fertilizers in the last few months and it has not gone well... so my plants generally need TLC and a new fertilizer to get them back up to snuff.

Fish and invertebrates:

4 honey gourami (one male yellow/orange, and 3 females brown)

10 or 11 norman's lampeyes (they move too fast for me to be sure, I am pretty sure there are 11 though)

6 amano shrimp (I haven't counted them in ages so I could be wrong)

assassin snails (I couldn't say how many but they are a thriving colony).

tank.jpg

SALE 2: Cabinet

Age and condition: Used, age unknown. There is water damage on the top and there are scuffs on the front. The handle on the grey door is cracked. When tank is placed on left side of the cabinet (where the smaller tank is in the photo) the doors below do not open).

Measurements: Floor to top 33 inches, length 65.5 inches, depth 16 inches

Reason for Sale: Too big for future needs

Delivery or Collection: Collection required (condition is that the tank above needs to sell first)

Sales price: £40

Willing to Ship: No

cabinet.jpg

All negotiations and questions must be posted in this sales thread and NOT by PM.

Communications may only be taken to PM once the sale and price has been agreed upon on the open forum and payment/collection details need to be given.
The agreement of the time and date of collection or postage, or confirmation that items have been posted should also be posted in the thread.

Please refrain from commenting unless you are interested in more details or are interested in buying.
If you suspect any foul play, please use the report button and the moderating team will deal with all reports.

Some fish picture.  Not a single Norman's Lampeye would come out for a picture... they hid behind everything possible.  LOL

Male Honey Gourami
Image1.jpg

Female 1
Image3.jpg

Female 2
Image2.jpg

Female 3 (the only outgoing fish in the tank!) and one of the shrimp
Image6.jpg

Two other shrimp
Image5.jpg
Image4.jpg

Price reduced to £60

Because I don't want to end up having my fish on ebay.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back