Food Question And Stock Level Question

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

andy_sheff

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
hi all.
firstly, hows my stock level looking, can i put some more in or is it at the max? i know the sharks will prob grow too big so i shall re home them in a few month..

i currently have

2x pink kissers.
3x green loach
2x silver shark
1x mountain shrimp
1x herbert akel...
2x apisto cacatuoinus
1x pearl gourami
6 neons
2 panda corys1
1 angel fish

there in a rio 180 tank.

my second question is what should i feed the shrimp and what should i feed the corys, ive been using just flake and twice a week ive popped in a cube of frozen blood worm....

cheers

Kissing Gouramis need more like a 400l tank

What are the 'Green loach'? Latin name please

Silver Sharks (Aka Bala Shark) - 6ft (500l+) tank is needed to keep them properly. They should also be in a shoal.

Mountain Shrimp...do you mean bamboo shrimp? AKA Asian Filter Shrimp? - If so they are meant to be target fed small particles of food such as crushed algae wafer etc into their filter fans. If not they can eat food from the ground but this isn't 'natural'.

What is a Herbert Akel? Latin name please.

Cockatoo Apistos - If given enough cover should be fine depending on tankmates

Pearl Gourami - Fine

Neons - Fine, but they will be eaten by the angel as it grows

Corys - Fine, but should be in a group of at least 5 to allow them to show natural behaviours and to avoid stress.

Angel - Fine, but as above not with the neons.

So overall...I think you probably are overstocked. And also have some very unsuitable fish.

right. Thankyou. Ile take back the sharks and kissers and give the shop an ear full. And replace with something else.

right. Thankyou. Ile take back the sharks and kissers and give the shop an ear full. And replace with something else.

shrimp is showing no interest at all in the crushed algae wafers, i practically sprinkled them on him.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back