Fluval?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

scrage

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Bought a new filter. How does everyone feel about FLUVAL brand? Never heard of it, but someone suggested it at petsmart. Having to recycle my tank completely because i ****ed up my only filter pad with bacteria in it. Not that it wouldve fit anyways.. anyways, Fluval?

Fluval filters are pretty decent I think.

I had a Fluval Internal U2, did exactly what was supposed to do. 2 compartments for sponge media as well as carbon but did not use carbon, just added extra sponge. 1 central compartment for ceramic media. 

3 water flow options as well as a Venturi option on fastest flow.

Access was easy and pretty good TBH to take out of tank and maintenance cleanse if and when as necessary.
Impeller access easy as well.
A well thought out internal really. 

A little bit bulky and takes up space inside the tank is the only reason why I changed to an external filter. I still have the U2 as backup just in case.

Does exactly what it says.

What exactly happened to your old filter pad?

fluttermoth said:
What exactly happened to your old filter pad?
Old filter I had two stuffed in there, a newer one for filtration and the old one for bacteria. I went to rinse the new one in tap water, (usually dont do, but i was tired and it was overflowing near the spout) and I must have switched them up at one point because i rinsed the wrong one in chlorinated city water, yikes. Next day I tested my water which I do daily/every few days, and ammonia levels were up. Filter was overflowing again so i switched them to see if I had done what I thought I did and sure enough the other one ran better. Still beating myself up for being lazy and not just doing a slight water change. Was planning to buy a newer filter anyways so eh..
Not too worried, I have tons of time and check the water constantly when it cycles. I know my Betta will be fine, hes pretty hardy. I hope the corys will be okay though.

I have Fluvals. Firstly a Fluval 305 (now 306) worked for years and is now a standby in case of emergencies. Presently using a Fluval FX5 (now FX6) quiet, powerful, reliable.

ShinySideUp said:
I have Fluvals. Firstly a Fluval 305 (now 306) worked for years and is now a standby in case of emergencies. Presently using a Fluval FX5 (now FX6) quiet, powerful, reliable.
Nice, sounds pretty good. Just wanted to make sure I didn't buy crap.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back